Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I go into work at 5am. Myself and one other girl enter the building by ourselves and it always a little disarming that early in the morning... dark, quiet, eerie.
So, imagine my surprise as I groggily open the door to the office, pop the light on and see this head! Mind you, I do not work in any sort or salon of mannequin manufacturing plant. Needless to say, it scared the shit out of me!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Pay at the pump? No, come inside and give me my freakin' money. I don't accept no credit cards. And then, only after you have dragged your lazy ass inside, will I turn on the pump. And if you are lucky, you might get gas... if not count to 20 and try again. What the hell do you think this is... a convenience store?
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Ok, Lora from the original Urbanity blog left an Honest Scrap Award for all of the other Urbanity blogs. In order to accept it, I must follow the rules:
1. You must brag about the award.
2. You must include the name of the blogger who
bestowed the award on you and link back to
3. You must choose a minimum of seven blogs
that you find brilliant in content or design.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment
informing them that they were prized with the
Honest Scrap Award.
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
6. Pass it on with the instructions!
Ok, I am not going to follow all the rules... 'cause I am a rebel without a cause. But I will list 10 honest things about myself for the hell of it.
1. I am a quite often a hypocrite (I want very much to be green but I use disposable diapers; I tell my children not to judge others by looks and then look at people and pass sentence immediately... you know the same old stuff.)
2. I can't stand living with other people. I had the pleasure of living alone from the age of 18 for the next 5 years (pretty much) and it was heaven. I wouldn't even move in with Colby until I was 8 months pregnant because I knew I would hate it. I hate going for my toothbrush and having it not where I left it, which leaves me wondering where has it been and what the hell has been done with it??? I hate grabbing my favorite box of cereal only to find 4 flakes left! I hate going to pee only to have people walking in and out like it's Grand Central Station. Our next house will have an in-law apartment... for ME!
3. I am the opposite of a hoarder... I throw everything away! I can not stand clutter. Our house has no attic, basement or garage and I love it! We have no room for the useless crap people tend to gather over the years. I seriously go to Goodwill twice a week to drop stuff off... If I don't love it, it's gone. The only thing I hoard is my photography. I keep every single picture I take, no matter how terrible it is. But, it is all digital, so it takes up no more space than my external hard drive. I bet I am closing in on 10,000 photos gathered from the last 10 years.
4. Hi, my name is Michele and I am a coffee addict. I have to have coffee every day. It can be gas station dishwater crap if that's all I have, but I still need it. I have tried to quit and I don't think I can. I am pretty sure that the best moment of my life to this point was when my OB/GYN said, at my last pregnancy, "Coffee? Well anything in moderation." I don't know if I would have survived 9 months.
5. I will never be a wealthy person (in terms of money) and I am honestly happy with that. Most people that are rich work really hard to get there and I do not want to work that hard. If I am working my life away, that means I am missing out on family, friends, hobbies. I can't understand the mentality of "Work my ass of now so I can relax when I retire." That's great, but I'd rather enjoy the first 60 years of my life as much as possible.
6. I do not like Halloween. It is typically very cold here and I am miserable traipsing 3 kids around in their cute costumes covered up in winter coats and hats. I spend weeks after fighting my kids over candy until I finally throw it away. It is a useless holiday to me.
7. If my family wasn't in New England, I would not live here. I do not like winter, cold or anything that it brings. I would live anywhere else that has a moderate climate.
8. I do not particularly care about expensive clothes, purses, cars... but I do like nice jewelry. Not tacky, gaudy jewelry, but nice jewelry. Someday I'd like a simple Tiffany bracelet or necklace.
9. I love being pregnant and having babies. I would even be a surrogate if the opportunity arose.
10. I don't feel my age. I wonder if I ever will feel my age.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
'What is so special about this picture?' you say? I mean, it is a pickup truck on a country road and I do live in NH, right? Oh, but look closer... much closer... click on it to enlarge if you must... See that???
Yup. It says 'FUCKER'. It is somehow embossed into his bumper! Damn it, if only I had seen it parked at Walmart I could have posted it to PeopleOfWalmart.com. I really wish I had some sort of witty response to this atrocity but, honestly, what can you say?